The COMPIMIDE® bismaleimide resin family represents a full range of proprietary thermosetting resins and specialties that have been developed for the production of high-performance composites,
adhesives, and moldings.
Evonik offers more than 30 years of experience in bismaleimide resins. Our products are certified and referenced throughout the industry.
COMPIMIDE® bismaleimide matrix resins are characterized by their high glass transition temperature (Tg). They offer improved high temperature performance over epoxies and cyanate esters.
Other outstanding features are:
- easy processing by autoclave, platen press, and compression molding techniques,
- retention of excellent mechanical properties up to 250 °C,
- good solvent resistance,
- excellent performance in hot and wet conditions and,
- superior flame and radiation resistance,
- low smoke and toxicant emissions
Typical processing techniques include prepregging (from the melt, solution, or suspension), resin transfer molding (RTM), filament winding, compression molding, powder coating and pultrusion.
The COMPIMIDE® bismaleimide product group comprise COMPIMIDE® Bismaleimide Monomers, Toughening Modifiers and Formulated Bismaleimide Resins.